The Sir John Brunner Foundation is a Multi Academy Trust employing over 330 Staff and educating some 2700 students.
The Multi Academy Trust comprises of Sir John Deane’s Sixth Form College, and The County High School, Leftwich both of which are high performing “outstanding” Academies. Founded on the shared ambition that every child’s life shall be enhanced through the highest standards in education. We let our results speak for themselves.
We are a warm and welcoming community, situated in the heart of Cheshire. The Foundation is an excellent place to work whether you are beginning or continuing in your profession. Both Academies have superb teaching, learning and recreational facilities, and staff will receive excellent benefits. Combined with a community of high calibre staff and students, the Foundation is a place you will look forward to coming in to work each day. New colleagues will be fully supported with tailored induction programmes.
As an educational organisation, we value career and professional development. We are committed to ensuring that colleagues benefit from engaging professional development that includes:
- A structured induction programme for new starters to help them settle into their new role
- An annual performance and development review
- Support to develop in their chosen field and reach their full potential
- Opportunities across the Sir John Brunner Foundation Multi-Academy Trust
Culture and Ethos
We pride ourselves on being an extraordinary community where our professionals hold a shared ethos and mission of excellence, integrity and passion:
- Highly motivated and ambitious students, as evidenced in our Academies track record of outstanding results.
- Professional and supportive colleagues.
- Opportunities throughout the year for inter-departmental knowledge sharing and best practice.
The Foundation is committed to supporting the health and wellbeing of colleagues by offering a variety of initiatives:
- Access to the Sir John Deane’s Leisure Centre and Swimming Pool (currently closed).
- Access to fitness suite (County High School, Leftwich out of school hours).
- Personnel department with a focus on wellbeing and tailoring support.
- Enhanced Family Friendly policies to support work-life balance.
- Staff Consultative Association.
- Access to Occupational Health and counselling service that offers support through times of difficulty.
- Access to an employee health plan.
The Sir John Brunner Foundation is based at Sir John Deane’s Sixth Form College which is a modern, purpose built, architecturally designed campus, this sets the scene for a culture and ethos that puts the learning and success of students at the heart of everything we do.
Colleagues employed in Foundation posts, will be expected to work from all Academies within the Foundation, from time to time.
Foundation colleagues will benefit from:
- Free onsite staff car parking facilities at both Academies
- Onsite canteen facilities at both Academies, including two Starbucks Cafes, deli bar and daily home-made cakes (Sir John Deane’s College site)
- Friendly and approachable support service infrastructure
- Staff discounts available at participating organisations
- Generous holiday entitlement including Christmas/New Year site closure
- Public Sector Pension scheme membership (TPS or LGPS as appropriate)
- Free WiFi access
- Funding for training and development
- Long service awards
We are committed to Equal Opportunities and positively welcome applications from every section of the community. We particularly welcome applications from a black and ethnic minority as they are under-represented within the Foundation. The ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence through the medium of English is essential. The Sir John Brunner Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and the British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.