Investing in Colleagues
Welcome to The Sir John Brunner Foundation, a high performing multi-academy trust whose vision is that:
Every child’s life is advanced and enhanced by the highest quality of education.
A warm and welcoming place for all, we celebrate diversity and inclusivity ensuring all our community feel they belong in our Foundation.
Each Academy within the Foundation has its own bespoke values which reflect their context and aspirations. The Sir John Brunner Foundation’s values bring these together to provide a set of cohesive principles which students and professionals across the Foundation are encouraged and supported to live:
The Sir John Brunner Foundation invests in our colleagues to facilitate first class professional development and opportunities to learn, grow and progress in their careers.
- A bespoke Foundation Early Careers Programme, delivered by experts from across the Foundation, utilising resources from the Ambition Institute
- Foundation Leadership Programmes, for aspiring middle and senior leaders, which incorporate National Professional Qualifications
- Opportunities to become a Foundation Leader of Education supporting an area of school improvement across the Foundation’s academies and facilitating Professionals Groups
- Opportunities to participate in and contribute Professionals Groups collaborating with leaders from across the Foundation in areas such as:
- Curriculum design
- Behaviour and Attitudes
- Personal Development
- Subject specific groups
- Opportunities to participate in and contribute to Working Groups in areas such as:
- Human Resources
- Estates management
- Foundation Professional Development Conferences bringing leaders together to engage with research informed practices
In addition to these, bespoke training, support and career progression opportunities are embraced across the Foundation.
To support a high standard of employee wellbeing, all our Academies have signed up to the Department for Education’s Wellbeing Charter. To support this commitment to the health and wellbeing of all colleagues the Foundation offers a variety of initiatives:
- Enhanced Family Friendly policies including flexible working which support work-life balance
- Staff Consultative Association, providing colleagues with a voice to help us make the Foundation even better
- Human Resources department with a focus on wellbeing and experience of providing tailored support
- Access to Occupational Health and counselling services which offer support through times of difficulty
- “Round the clock” access to our Employee Assistance Programme who provide confidential, independent and unbiased support and information.
- Access to an employee health plan
- Enhanced occupational sick pay scheme
- Professional Estates and Facilities teams dedicated to enhancing and continually improving our surroundings.
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- 37 hour per week full time support staff
- Public Sector Pension scheme membership (TPS or LGPS as appropriate)
- Free on site car parking
- Free WiFi access
- Onsite canteen facilities
- Long service recognition
- Staff discounts available at participating organisations
- Free eye tests for VDU users
- Discounted Corporate membership at local gyms and swimming pools
- Time off over Christmas Holidays/New Year.
- Continuous service honoured from those transferring from Local Authorities
- Our Academies are set in Cheshire, with easy access to historic market towns, beautiful countryside and waterways.